About ReUse Action
We’re a for-profit social enterprise
- Special Note, November 2022: Rumors are circulating that ReUse Action is closing. This is not true. We’re still in business and will remain in business. In fact, business has never been better. These rumors are caused by the announcement by Buffalo ReUse that the last day their store will be open will be November 27, 2022. They lost the lease on their building and can’t find another location to move to. If you have any questions, please call us at 716-894-3366 or email email@example.com .
- We’re the original founders of Buffalo ReUse, a not-for-profit organization we started organizing in 2006 and which began operations on the East Side in 2007.
- We’ve been operating a small group of not-for-profit and for-profit social enterprises since 2007.
- We continue the neighborhood-based and community-focused work we started in 2007 (go here for a brief history).
- We acquire & sell reclaimed & surplus materials.
- We provide consultation services in the areas of reclamation, recycling and reuse.
- We create living wage jobs in Buffalo.
- We grow & encourage economic development based on the reclaiming and reuse of materials otherwise “thrown away” in the landfill.
- We nurture job-readiness and job training programs in an area of extremely high unemployment, using paid, productive work to train and support younger people ages 17 to 30.
- We provide quality building materials and other reused items at a fair price to homeowners, landlords, contractors, developers, artists and craftsmen.
We operate a retail store, open to the public
- Located in the City of Buffalo, on the East Side, at 980 Northampton Street, near Genesee.
- www.reuseaction.com 716-894-3366.
- Open Tuesday and Saturday 9am to 4pm.
- We take up two-thirds of a ca. 1922 factory building.
- The building is called “The Guild @980”.
- Located across the street from the Milk-Bone plant, America’s largest dog snack bakery, on Buffalo’s Historic Belt Line Railroad.
- 30,000 square feet of indoor store and a big yard for outdoor materials.
- We support the arts, crafts, trades and small business by renting our upper floors to small businesses and individuals doing woodworking, metalworking, upcycling, sculpture, painting, ceramics, photography, product development and office work.
- If you’re looking for Buffalo ReUse, ReUse Action, Buffalo ReUse Action, the ReUse Store in Buffalo or the Buffalo ReUse store, you’ve found us! People also find foam insulation board (factory seconds) and reclaimed PolyIso insulation at our store, as well as reclaimed wood and barn wood.
We provide comprehensive services
- We sell reclaimed & factory-second rigid foam insulation (PolyIso, EPS, XPS), reclaimed lumber and other reclaimed wood, barn wood, joists, beams, flooring, decking and siding.
- We sell house parts new and old – doors, windows, tubs & sinks, lighting, trim, flooring.
- We sell art and antiques in our gallery space, unusual items, art materials, decor.
- We also consult in the areas of reclamation, recycling & reuse.
- We have a yard full of barn wood – hand-hewn and sawn beams, joists, siding and flooring.
- We have lots of foam insulation, reclaimed, surplus and factory second.
- We have a growing inventory of old house parts.
- We make and sell flooring, trim and molding, furniture and other value-added products, from our stock of reclaimed wood and from new wood.
- Most “old house” and surplus items are priced at 35% to 65% of the prevailing local retail price for similar new products.Antique and unusual/rare items cost more.